Ode to Apple Cider Vinegar



So I have had a sinus infection going on 25 days now. I don't believe in antibiotics unless I have meningitis or something, so I have been letting my body fight it. I finally decided to look into giving my body a little help..... since it has been taking a little longer than preferred.
I have always heard of the benefits of PURE RAW ORGANIC UNFILTERED (this is important) apple cider vinegar, but could never really get over the taste to take it everyday. When I googled "how to cure a sinus infection naturally" everything came up saying take ACV. I just so happened to have some in my cupboard and took 1 tablespoon in some water. Within 10 minutes my sinus were clearing, my INSANE headache that I've had for 2 weeks was depressureizing, and I could actually blow my nose (sorry, TMI).
I was so pumped that I started doing some reasearch on what else this miracle elixir would fix and this is what I found:

Apple cider vinegar is a powerful detoxifying and purifying agent. It breaks down fatty, mucous and phlegm deposits within the body. By breaking down these substances it improves the health and function of the vital organs of the body, such as the kidneys, bladder and liver, by preventing excessively alkaline urine. It also oxidizes and thins the blood, which is important in preventing high blood pressure. This powerful potion also promotes digestion, assimilation and elimination, all the while neutralizing any toxic substances that enter the body. Apple cider vinegar has been found to neutralize any harmful bacteria that may be found in certain foods. When a mixture of cider vinegar and water is taken before a meal (particularly food served in restaurants or at picnics where the preparation or duration of food left uncovered and not refrigerated is questionable), it seems to prevent diarrhea or digestive upsets.
Apple cider vinegar contains a potent supply of potassium which researchers feel is helpful in easing the effects of common colds and allergies, including mucous formation, watery eyes, sinus and catarrhal problems. Apple cider vinegar can also be beneficial for symptoms such as tooth decay and splitting of the fingernails, which are symptoms of potassium deficiency. When the body is lacking certain minerals or salts, ill health can be the result. Toxic build-ups within the body can cause boils, blisters, acne, etc.
Apple cider vinegar detoxifies and helps with the cleansing and clotting processes of the blood, by helping along the blood oxidation process.
Apple cider vinegar is beneficial in the treatment of arthritis, as a beverage or with compresses soaked in hot vinegar applied directly to the joints. It is also helpful when used to treat asthma, nose bleeds, osteoporosis, cancer, candida, high cholesterol, colds, constipation, muscle cramps, colitis, diabetes, diarrhea, depression, dizziness, ear discharge, eczema, fatigue, gallstones, kidney stones, hay fever, headaches, heartburn, hiccups, indigestion, insomnia, kidney and bladder problems, metabolism, nasal congestion, sore throats, stiff joints, ulcers and weight loss.

A little history for you:

Apple cider vinegar has been traced to Egyptian urns as far back as 3000 B.C. The Babylonians used it as a condiment and preservative, while Julius Caesar’s army used ACV tonic to stay healthy and fight off disease. The Greeks and Romans kept vinegar vessels for healing and flavoring. It was used in Biblical times as an antiseptic and a healing agent and is mentioned in the Bible. In Paris in the Middle Ages it was sold from barrels by street vendors as a body deodorant, healing tonic and a health vinegar drink. Even Christopher Columbus and his crew on his voyage to discover America in 1492 had their vinegar barrels for prevention of scurvy as did the soldiers in the American Civil War. For centuries in Japan, the feared Samurai warriors drank it for strength and power. ACV has been used for thousands of years not only for health reasons, but also as a cleansing agent to remove bacteria, germs, odors, and even stains and spots.


So, if you have any of the above ailments, I strongly suggest taking a swig. If only so you can be that much closer to becoming a Samurai..........
A lot of articles talked about the use of ACV for weight loss. When I have taken it, my appetite has been noticably curbed making portion control (not starving yourself) easier.

How I take it:
1 tablespoon in equal parts water and juice twice a day.
It is not that terrible. Some people say it has more benefits to add it to some water and sip throughout the day...... you can let me know how that works. It is also widely used as a salad dressing mixed with olive oil.

Like I said before, it is vital that you get RAW UNFILTERED ORGANIC ACV with MOTHER. Mother is that stuff that's floating around in the bottle. Braggs is the best brand. Otherwise, it is useless. And don't take it for 2 days and then stop because you can't tell a difference. Like all other natural remedies, it can take a bit longer to build up in your system.

Happy health to you!

1 comment:

Meg said...

Ah, yes! I used to drink a little tonic of equal parts ACV and honey with hot water. Delicious!
I'm going to start drinking it again. And when the honey is all gone,I'll switch to strait ACV. Here's to your health!