Gratefulness

So as of today, being 37 weeks pregnant, I am pretty much ready to be finished. I am really tired of being huge, it taking a crane to lift me from the bed, not being able to shave my legs, my pubic bone threatening to break in two at any moment, and the lovely waddle. I just want to hold my bundle of baby!

But I was thinking back to one year ago, after just having said goodbye to another little angel, and you know what? I would have given ANYTHING to be feeling every one of those things times a million if that meant that I was about to bring a healthy baby into the world. I was at peace with the reality that it might not be what God had for me, but I am so very grateful that it now is. 

Father you are so good and loving. I praise you and THANK you for every discomfort and all the inconvienant pregnancy-related things. I thank you that you have always been near, never far from any of us, and what a beautiful picture this 9 months has been of your love, provision, and creativity. Be near to those who are hurting this Christmas, with empty arms and longing hearts. Remind them that what you give is always for their good and eventual JOY! 

2 comments:

Meg said...

Amen and amen! Only 20 more days-- more or less--it could be any time
now! How exciting!

Raquel said...

yay this brings a tear to my eye, i am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy and excited for you