Chubby Baby Wears

Asher has just recently started to slim out since becoming more active. I'm not gonna lie, I hate to see his squishiness leave. Look at all these rolls!!

At 5 months


Anyway, it has been quite a challenge to find fat-baby-friendly garb....this is why Asher is wearing the same outfit as above in most of his pictures. After a year of searching, I have discovered the brands that just work better for Michelin men (and women) and thought I'd share them in case you are in the same predicament (and I may be mourning the loss of these sweet rolls just a little bit).


Clothes:

I kept Asher in one-piece outfits for as long as possible because all of the pants I found would dig into his gut and make him spit up. My two favorite brands are Zutano and Hanna Andersson. The elastic on Zutano pants is very thin and comfortable- I never had problems with these pants, even at the fattest stage. The CUTEST prints too.


Hanna Andersson's pants are also more generously cut, even for cloth diaper babies. I have had some luck with Gymboree, but their sizing is inconsistent.


Cloth Diaper Covers:

When Asher started sitting up I would always have to undo his diaper cover because it would dig in so much (I used Thirsties and Bummis). If only I had known about Gen-Y covers back then!! I just discovered them recently and LOVE them. They are snap covers so no scratchy velcro and the snaps are at the waist and legs so you can get a great fit. Check out their website here: Gen-Y Diapers. I got some seconds from their outlet and they are in perfect condition.


Shoes:

Asher has very wide and thick feet, pretty much like spheres. He is toying with the idea of walking soon, so I have been looking for some shoes. It's just as hard as finding pants! Even the Robeez are too narrow for him. I did some research and found Bobux. They are similar to Robeez but are cut wider and made from 100% ECOleather (Robeez have some synthetic materials). I love them! They are pricey if you buy them from their website, but I found some brand new ones on eBay for around $8-10 each. He also has some Pedipeds for when we are outside on rough surfaces, but they are still a bit big.
**Go read Dr. Cindy's Blog about the importance of children wearing soft-soled shoes**


I'm going to go kiss on some still-chubby cheeks now. :)

No comments: